10 May GVMA x MentorVet
GVMA x MentorVet
While we all know that being a veterinarian is incredibly rewarding, the transition into practice can be daunting. That’s why we are excited to be collaborating with MentorVet to provide you with extra support in the transition to practice.
This program is designed to help you achieve your full potential by delivering peer support, coaching, education, and mentorship. With MentorVet Leap, you’ll have access to the tools and resources you need to succeed and become the best veterinarian you can be.
GVMA is excited to offer 10 full sponsorships for GVMA Members that are new and recent veterinary graduates to participate in the MentorVet Leap program in the summer of 2023.
Act quickly, the deadline to apply is June 1st!
About MentorVet Leap
This five-month virtual mentorship and professional development program aims to promote wellbeing in the transition to practice by providing a combination of training in professional skills, financial and mental health coaching, and mentorship.
- MentorVet Leap has 5 self-paced online learning modules in professional skills and monthly 1-hour small peer group Zoom meetings with 5-10 other early-career veterinarians.
- Get ongoing individual support, if needed, with one of our highly qualified and trained mentors.
- Get access to mental health and financial coaching.
- The program will extend from June 11th – November 30th, 2023.
- MentorVet has been approved for 10 hours of continuing education credits in jurisdictions that recognize RACE approval. The MentorVet Leap program is also approved in the state of New York.
- To learn more about MentorVet, visit www.mentorvet.net
- For frequently asked questions about the MentorVet Leap Program visit the about page at www.mentorvet.net/about
- Applicants must be GVMA members
- Participants must be veterinarians who graduated between the years of 2018-2023
- Participants must be able to dedicate 3-4 hours per month for 5 months
- Participants must complete a short survey following completion of the program
To apply for this full sponsorship to participate in the MentorVet Leap program, please click the link below so to apply. These sponsorships will be offered on a first come first serve basis so apply today if you are interested!
From Dr. Addie Reinhard, Founder of MentorVet:
“Never forget why you started in the first place.
When I first started practice, I noticed that many early-career veterinarians, including myself, were struggling to cope with the stressors of practice. When I experienced feelings of burnout, I had trouble finding evidence-based resources. This is why set out to develop a national mentorship program — a centralized location for trusted resources for recent veterinary graduates.
Digging into the research, I quickly found that there was a lot of research on the mental health status of veterinarians, but there was very little research on interventions. I spent 2 years researching, developing, and evaluating MentorVet Leap (formerly the MentorVet Program), an evidence-based national mentorship and professional development program to support recent veterinary graduates.
Since I founded MentorVet in 2021, we have now had around 500 early-career vets participate in our flagship program, and we collaborate with over 20 different partners and sponsors, including founding sponsor Merck Animal Health, to provide support to veterinary professionals.
I hope you will join me on this journey in helping all early-career veterinary professionals thrive within veterinary medicine.”
Addie Reinhard, DVM, MS
Founder & CEO