15 Sep Neurology Intensive + LEAP CE in Buford
Neurology Intensive + LEAP CE provides 6 medical and 2 LEAP CE Credits
Saturday, November 5, 2022
7:30 am – 3:10 pm
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Dr. Pancotto is an Associate Professor Neurology and Neurosurgery in the Department of Clinical Sciences at Auburn University. She was born and raised in North Carolina. She has received degrees from Duke University, Tufts University, and Virginia Tech. In 2011 she also earned certification in the practice of canine rehabilitation through the University of Tennessee at Knoxville and additional certification in canine neurosurgery through ACVIM. She was a faculty member of Virginia Maryland College of Veterinary medicine from 2011-2020, staff neurologist at VSH North County 2020-2021, and is currently faculty member at Auburn University. She serves on the college research review committee and is advisor to the Auburn University Triathlon Club. Within her specialty she has served on the residency training and exam committees and led the job task analysis team in 2018. Her research interests are in collaborative opportunities and educational endeavors around neurophobia. When not in the hospital, she enjoys training and racing in the sport of triathlon. She has 4 pets including a beloved ancient tuxedo cat, a geriatric chihuahua mix, a three-legged Himalayan mix, and a one-eyed terrier.
7:00am – 7:30am: Check-in
7:30am – 8:20am: Neurology Session
- Spinal Cord Localization/Intracranial Localization: Review basic neuroanatomy and main principles of neurolocalization of spinal cord disorders with case-based review of functional neuroanatomical areas. The intracranial localization talk with review basic neuroanatomy and main principles of neurolocalization of intracranial disorders. Case examples will be used.
8:20am – 9:10am: Neurology Session
- Vestibular Diseases: Review vestibular anatomy and localization and work through case-based examples of animals with vestibular dysfunction.
9:10am – 9:25am: Break
9:25am – 11:05am: Neurology Session
- Steroids and Neurologic Disease/Conservative Management of IVDD: Pro and cons of steroid usage in various neurologic diseases and the controversies surrounding steroid use. The focus of the conservative management of IVDD will be on exhaustive non-surgical management of IVDD including pharmaceutical choices and physical rehabilitation.
11:05am – 11:55am: Neurology Session
- Spinal Cord Tumors: A review of location, types, and treatment options for most common spinal cord tumors in companion animals.
11:55am – 12:30pm: Lunch
12:30pm – 1:20pm: Neurology Session
- Evaluating Head Trauma: Review and application of the Modified Glasgow Coma Scale Score in small animals after traumatic brain injury. Will briefly cover treatment of TBI and post-traumatic epilepsy.
1:30pm – 3:10pm: LEAP CE Session
- Animal Cruelty Cases: Vet & Vet Tech Roles and What to Know Outside of Medicine, Avoiding Liability (with Claudine Wilkins, Esq.)
North Georgia Veterinary Specialists
1328 Buford Hwy, Bldg 200, Buford, GA 30518
|Date of Registration||Premier Members||Individual Members||Non-Members|
|On or Before October 7||$175||$295||$375|
|After October 7||$175||$345||$425|
Provides 8 CE Credits (6 Medical, 2 LEAP)